Saturday, February 13, 2010

I am just one in the crowd

Well I am back! After all the dithering of should I write or not, here I am. 'nuff 'bout me.

Coming back to the movie of the week...My Name is Khan.

Sometimes you just want to make a statement. You want to do that by living a very normal day. Get up. Go stand in a line, buy a First Class ticket, take the family, watch the movie, eat the puff, popcorn and chips. Come back home. By doing that, you are doing an 'Up yours!' to all those that want to change the way I live by inflicting their petty morals on me. I am happy to say, I did just that. So all you so called guardians of my country, guess what, I lived today as I had intended it to be and you could not mess it up for me.

Now coming back to the movie, this is classic Karan Johar stuff. Full of emotions...lot of coincidences, 'We shall overcome' at strategic places. Either you love it or you laugh about it. I have no snide comments at people who laugh about it. It is your choice and you are entitled to it. I was one of those who liked the movie. A little meandering, slightly disjointed, it ain't no Forrest Gump, but it was good nevertheless. Sharukh and Kajol were excellent. This movie belonged to the director as much as it did to his favorite actor(s). Thankfully no Kiron Kher and Zarina Wahab did an admirable job as the mom. Surprisingly, I did not feel the pangs and tears that I should have felt. Normally I do have tears at the drop of a hat. From that perspective, I don't know whether the story reaches out as much as it should have.

One often wonders whether these feel good stories actually do happen. They probably haven't, may be they should!

No comments: