Sunday, June 19, 2011

I have a problem - It is really me that is the problem

I woke up, a bit like Rip van Winkle and decided that I must blend in with the elite to catch a play. I decided that it has to be a super hit play because everyone just loved the play. I went there with expectations reaching the sky ready eat whatever that was served. But....

It was an hour play, more of a monologue, with props worth Rs 450 max. It used intelligent theatre skills, gimmicks etc. It was against repression of free speech, and how they shut us up. And it was funny in the beginning and saddened out in the end. It was like when someone is all excited and asks you to come to see something wonderful and you go there to say, this is it! Such an anticlimax. However, I was in the minority of minorities. Everyone seemed to love it. That's when I realized that I was not blessed. I did not get it!

It has happened to me before. I went for a play and slept through it. It was the exchange of letters between two giants of the previous century India. They spoke, I snored! And it was a good sleep. Everyone loved it! I did not get it.

So there I am the problem with no solution!

No comments: