Saturday, August 16, 2008

What defines decent?

I was watching this program on Vijay TV. One of the many reality dance shows. The judges got carried away and asked the daughter of one of the participants to dance.

This was an enthusiastic 7 year old who danced her heart out for Mukabala song from Kadalan. The kid danced with a lot of gusto. But then in the middle she went into a lot of gyrating suggestive movements. Agreed it was just a dance. But is it okay for a 7 year old to go into a lot of these poses. I felt that I will be uncomfortable to see my kid do the same. Of course, no one in show really minded all these movements and this was a family show.

But there was this little niggle...Are these the new boundaries for decency? Has the age of innocence dropped from the teens to the single digit ages? Or am I being prude?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Definition of decent: To take care of aged parents than hiding behind spouse and complaining about silly nothings. Grow up.

Dharu said...

Dear Anonymous...(I know who you are, coz there is really only one person who talks to me this way :-))

Point well taken on parents. Not too sure about the spouse part though...there is not too much space to hide ;-)

And there was really 'nothing' left to imagine.

Trying to Grow up...:-(