Monday, April 7, 2008

Fearless!!!

After a long time, I got to watch a movie where I was feeling miserable to hit the pause button. May be the fact that I watched some ordinary movies this weekend helped. But this one was special. The movie is Anjaathey...Wiser men have discussed this a lot.

There have been comments on what the Director did in excess and how he should have cut it short, yaada yaada yaada. The way I looked at it was that as a Director, Mysskin, gave us a story. Did I like it? Absolutely, resoundingly yes.

I loved the story telling, I loved the way many things were set up. There were some predictable moments, some over the top...The good part was I was going along with the director over the top as well! While on stage, it is the actor who has to respond to the truth of the moment, this movie demonstrates that Cinema is always the directors baby. He has good performances from all of the actors. It is refreshing to see a chocolate boy hero like Prasanna do a role that people would not touch with a barge pole. The only good shot of him you get to see is a photograph that comes thorugh a fax machine! He is in the dark all the time. But he makes an impact. Naren makes a good impact as well. Excellent modulation and wonderful delivery in many places. Pandiarajan was a revealation. He can act! Music was good and to the point. I can go on and on, but it is safe to say this is one of the better 3 hours that I have spent in the recent past.

Fearless...way to go!!!

No comments: